Tour Terms & Conditions
For the Custom-Ordered Tours in Japan of Tara Japan (Tara Co., Ltd.)
The Governor of Osaka Registered Travel Agent No. 3-2293
This tour terms & conditions document represents a portion of the terms of transaction stipulated in Article 12-3 of the Travel Agency Law as well as the Special Conditions stipulated in Article 1 paragraph 2 of Custom-Ordered Tour Contract of the Standard Terms and Conditions of Travel Contracts approved by The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport and Tourism.
1. ISUUE PLAN DOCUMENT of TARA JAPAN Bespoke Tour ( “Custom-Ordered Tour”)
At the request of the Client who intends to apply to Tara Japan for a Custom-Ordered Tour Contract, Tara Japan shall issue a document, prepared in line with the contents of the said request, containing the contents of a plan concerning the itinerary, the contents of Travel Services, the travel fee, and other conditions for the tour documents.
2. TOUR DESIGN FEE and Handling Charge
In a Plan Document referred to in the preceding Paragraph may specify the amount of a 15% tour design fee and handling charge of travel fee with respect to the plan unless otherwise specified..
3. Application for Travel Contracts and Tour Deposit
The client shall provide information on TARA JAPAN application form as required by Tara Japan and submit the form together with the necessary reservation deposit. The deposit shall be appropriated to the tour fare, cancellation charges or penalties.
Tara Japan accept applications for travel contracts by Web site, e-mail, and other means of communication. In such cases, the client shall submit the application form and the reservation deposit to Tara Japan within 3 days counting from the above applications. If the client fails to supply the required application form and/or deposit within 7 days, the reservation shall be regarded as cancelled. Provided, however, that the different conditions may be provided in the Web site for each program.
The Travel Contract shall become valid upon receipt of the reservation deposit and acceptance by Tara Japan in writings. The reservation deposit (per person) shall be at least 10 percent of the tour fare. The client shall notify Tara Japan when submitting application if special considerations are required during the tour period, and Tara Japan shall endeavor to comply with such requests as long as possible but Tara Japan shall not guarantee.
4. Payment of Tour Fare
The Tour Fare shall be paid no later than the 13th day prior to the eve of the departure date. When application is made on or after the 13th day prior to the eve of the day the tour starts, the tour fare shall be paid before departure by a date designated by the Company. Even when the client and the Company do not enter into the correspondence contract stipulated in Article 23, if the client is a member of the Company's affiliated credit company and consents to pay for the itinerary by credit card, The Company shall charge the client's credit card for tour fares (inclusive of tour deposits and additional charges), any cancellation charge or non-fulfillment fee stipulated in Article 13, and additional charges and handling fees stipulated in Article 9 even without a signature. In the absence of any request from the client, the card will be charged on the date the client accepts the itinerary.
5. Services Included in Tour Fare
The tour service included in the tour fare shall be only those as specified in the Final Tour Itinerary.
In principle, Tara Japan shall not refund for the tour services in case the client does not use the relevant services.
6. Services Not Included in Tour Fare
The following Charges and expenses shall not be included in the tour fare:
a) Laundry, telephone, additional meals and drinks, and any other expenses of personal nature.
b) Airport departure taxes.
c) Excess baggage.
d) Tour fares for optional tours requested by clients (short trips incurring an additional fee).
e) Medical expenses for injuries and illness.
f) The transportation to and from the place of the departure and the destination.
7. Revision of Contents of Travel Services
A client may request Tara Japan to change the itinerary, the contents of Travel Services, or other contents of the Custom-Ordered Tour Contract. In this case, Tara Japan will accommodate the client’s request to the reasonably practical extent. Tara Japan may, after conclusion of the Travel Contract, revise its contents and services for any of the following reasons: natural calamity or disaster, civil unrest, suspension of services rendered by transport/accommodation facilities, provision of transportation not based on the original tour plan, governmental orders, or other circumstances beyond Tara Japan control. Tara Japan reserves the right to take necessary measures when safe, smooth tour operation in accordance with the itinerary is deemed impossible, or when Tara Japan considers that the tour cannot continue. In such cases, Tara Japanshall explain it is impossible to perform the Organized Tour according to the Travel Contract under the circumstances.
8. Change of Tour Fare
1) Tara Japan may revise the tour fare in accordance with increases or reductions of transport costs and/or charges for Organized Tours
as a result of unusual or unforeseen changes by economic, political, environmental or any other reason. In such cases, Tara Japan shall
notify the client of these changes no later than the 15th days prior to the departure date.
2) Tara Japan may, when tour operational costs have risen owing to factors as stipulated in Article 12 above, revise the tour fare accordingly.
9. Change of Tour Participants
A client who has entered into a Travel Contract may, with Tara Japan’s consent, transfer the status in the contract to a third party.
In this case, the clients shall enter the required information in the form provided by Tara Japan and submit it together with the specified handling fee. The transfer of status in the contract to a third party shall become valid by the consent of Tara Japan. Tara Japan may reject a change in the name of travelers.
10. CANCELLATION OF TRAVEL CONTRACT BY THE CLIENT
If a client cancels the Travel Contract for personal reasons, the following cancellation rates will apply to the tour fare.
The client remaining in the tour will incur the balance of additional per room costs associated with the change in number of participants. Timing of notice of cancellation is based on Japan local time.
The client is at all times entitled to cancel the Travel Contract, but must pay the Company a cancellation charge as stipulated in Article 15
Time of Cancellation & Cancellation rate
Counting back from the day before the starting date of the tour date:
a) If notice of cancellation is received by Tara Japan up to 31 days prior to the starting date of the tour: The Amount of Plan Charge
b) If notice of cancellation is received by Tara Japan 20 - 15 days prior to the starting date of the tour: 20% of the tour fare
c) If notice of cancellation is received by Tara Japan 14 - 8 days prior to the starting date of the tour: 30% of the tour fare
d) If notice of cancellation is received by Tara Japan 7 - 3 days prior to the starting date of the tour: 40% of the tour fare
e) If notice of cancellation is received by Tara Japan 1 day prior to the starting date of the tour: 50% of the tour fare
f) If notice of cancellation is received by Tara Japan prior to starting time of the tour: 80% of the tour fare
g) If notice of cancellation is received by Tara Japan after the starting time of departure: 100% of the tour fare
or in case of failure to show without notice
In any of the following cases, the client may cancel the Travel Contract without paying a cancellation charge.
When the contents of the Travel Contract have been substantially revised. However, changes shall be limited to the cases listed in the left side of the table in Article 22 and other important circumstances.
When the tour fare is increased in accordance with Article 11-1. In cases where natural calamity or disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, suspension of services related to transportation, accommodation and other facilities, governmental orders, or other causes make safe, smooth tour operation impossible, or when there is a valid reason to believe the tour cannot continue.
When the Company has not delivered the Final Tour Itinerary to the client by the prescribed date.
When tour operation becomes impossible owing to factors for which the Company is liable.
The Company shall refund the remaining amount of the received tour fare (deposit) after deducting cancellation charges. If the tour deposit is not enough to cover the cancellation charge, the Company shall charge the difference separately. When the tour contract is cancelled due to the reasons specified in Clause 4, the Company shall make the full refund of the received tour fare (deposit).
7. CANCELLATION RATES
In case of cancellation in booking via travel loan beyond the Company's control, the above cancellation charges will apply.
If a client fails to pay the tour fare by the designated date, the Company will assume the client has canceled as of the following day, and the cancellation charges specified above will apply.
16. CANCELLATION AFTER DEPARTURE
1) Cancellation by Client
When the client leaves the tour group for personal reasons, Tara Japan shall consider it waiver of contracted rights and claims to any refund.
2) If certain tour services cannot be provided as stated in the Travel Contract for reasons beyond client responsibility, relevant portions of the contract may be canceled, with the appropriate refund deducted from the total tour fare.
3) Cancellation by Tara Japan
Tara Japan may cancel the Travel Contract for tours after the departure date in the following cases:
- a) When the client is unable to continue the tour owing to illness or other factors.
- b) When the client is part of the Anti-Social Group.
- c) When the client interferes the Organized Tour against the instruction from tour conductor or by violent deeds or menace towards other participants.
- d) When the tour cannot be continued owing to natural disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, labor disputes, suspension of services by transportation or accommodation facilities, governmental orders, or other causes beyond Tara Japan’s control.
Cancellations and Refunds
If Tara Japancancels the Travel Contract in accordance with the paragraph 2-1) hereinabove, travel services rendered to the client shall be deemed as having been completed, and a refund from the tour fare shall be paid for services not yet rendered. In case Tara Japan has paid, (or will pay) expenses, cancellation charge, penalty, or etc. for the travel services not rendered owing to the cancellation by paragraph 2-1), Tara Japan shall refund only the balance thereof. Tara Japan shall not assume any further liability whatsoever to the clients. Tara Japan shall not refund to the liable client(s) and reserve the right to claim any loss or damages suffered by Tara Japan caused by the liable client(s) against them. 4) When Tara Japan cancels the Travel Contract for tours in accordance with the paragraph 2-1)-a) or d) hereinabove, Tara Japan shall, at the client’s expense, make necessary arrangements as requested for return to point of departure.
11. Refund of Travel Costs
If Tara Japan assumes any liability to make a refund to a client in case such as the tour fare reduction and if either the client or Tara Japan has canceled the Travel Contract in accordance with Article 15 through 17, Tara Japan shall refund within the 14th day from the next day of cancellation, when effecting refund before tour departure, and within 30th day from the next day of the end of the tour as stipulated in the contract in case of reduction or cancellation occur after tour departure.
12. Tour Guide
1) The tour guide shall be licensed as authorized by the Licensed Guide Interpreter Act.
2) In case the Final Tour Itinerary specifies to be escorted by the tour guide speaking foreign language provided in the Travel Contract, the tour guide shall accompany with the clients as a general rule. The guide shall ensure the safety of the client and smooth operation of the tour as stipulated in the Travel Contract. The client shall act based on the instructions of the tour guide so that the tour can proceed safely and smoothly. The tour guide’s service shall be rendered, in principle, from 8:00 to 20:00 unless otherwise provided in the Travel Contract. The tour guide may be provided only at sightseeing destinations in accordance with the Travel Contract.
3) In case the travel services are changed owing to bad weather or other reasons during the period of the tour unaccompanied by the tour guide, the client shall be responsible for arranging the necessary services at their own risk and expenses.
13. Liability of Tara Japan and Exemptions
1) If Tara Japan causes any loss or damage to the client by its negligence or fault in performing its obligations under the terms of its
Travel Contract, Tara Japan shall be liable for such loss or damage. However, unless the notice of claim is received by Tara Japan from the
client within 2 years from the next day of the occurrence of the loss or damage, the client shall not be entitled to claim against Tara Japan
or any liable parties who performed any part of the tour.
2) Tara Japan shall not be liable for loss or damage occurred to the client as stipulated in paragraph 1 hereinabove if it was caused by:
- a) Natural disaster, war, riot, and alteration or cancellation of tour itinerary due to such causes.
- b) Accidents during transportation or in accommodations and/or damage by fire.
- c) Cessation of services related to transportation or accommodation facilities, and/or tour itinerary alteration or cancellation owing to such causes.
- d) Orders of either Japanese or foreign governments, immigration regulations, isolation resulting from infectious diseases, and/or tour itinerary alteration or cancellation owing to such causes.
- e) Accidents occurred during the client’s free activities.
- f) Food poisoning.
- g) Theft.
- h) Delays, stoppages, changes of schedule and route in relation to transportation facilities, and tour itinerary alterations and/or shortened stays at destinations owing to such causes.
3) Tara Japan shall compensate for loss or damage to baggage as stated above, provided that said damage is reported within 14 days from the next day of the occurrence. Tara Japan’s liability shall be limited to 150,000 yen per person unless loss or damage is caused by the intentional act or gross negligence of Tara Japan.
14. Itinerary Booking Guarantee
1) If major changes occur in Travel Contract contents Tara Japan shall calculate the change compensation money and refund to the client
within 30 days from the next day of the end of the tour. However, if Tara Japan are liable for the changes in accordance with Article 19-1,
Tara Japan shall pay the amount not as compensation for changes but as either a portion or total amount of indemnification for damages.
(1) Tara Japan shall not pay compensation for changes caused by; (however, compensation shall be paid in the event of shortage, even when services are provided, such as for seats, rooms and other facilities)
- a) Bad weather and natural disasters, which hinder the tour itinerary.
- b) War, warlike action.
- c) Riot.
- d) Governmental orders.
- e) Suspension of services involving transportation, accommodations, etc., such as cancellation, interruption, cessation, etc.
- f) Transport services altered from the original schedule, owing to delays or changes in operation schedules.
- g) Necessary measures to prevent tour participants’ death or body injury.
(2) If the Travel Contract is cancelled in accordance with Articles 16 and/or 17, Tara Japan shall not pay compensation for any changes
(3) Tara Japan shall not pay compensations if the client is able to receive tour services even when the order of such services is altered from that stated in the Final Tour Itinerary
- 2) Regardless of paragraph 1 hereinabove, the maximum amount of compensation for changes paid by Tara Japan under one Travel Contract shall be 15% of the tour fare. This money will not be paid, however, if the total amount is less than 1,000 yen.
- 3) Tara Japan shall indemnify the client by economic benefits equivalent to compensation money, or damage indemnification instead of cash payment, if agreed by the client. Amount of compensation for changes shall be subject to Appendix 2 referred in the article 30 paragraph 1 of Custom-Ordered Tour Contract of the Standard Travel Agency Terms and Conditions.
15. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Tara Japan recommends all the client shall have travel insurance of sufficient amount before starting travel and this insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses. The client shall provide Insurance Policy for adequate coverage and amounts if requested by Tara Japan. It is strongly recommended the coverage should include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the Client. The client acknowledges that the cost of the tour does not include insurance, and the Client is required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost. When obtaining travel insurance the client must ensure the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
Tara Japan is committed to respecting your privacy. We do not sell or disclose to third parties the information you provide to us. We use your contact information and personal travel preferences to provide to you related Tara Japan tour information, or to design and book your travel arrangements and operations. If at any point you wish to have your name removed from our database, please do contact us at email@example.com
1. Purpose of Use of Customer's Personal Information
We use the personal information stated in the form that a customer submits at the time of application, for the purpose of making a contat with the customer and within a range necessary for the arrangements only such as; Respond to inquiries
Settle the payments for products and services by a credit card
Guide on the product, services and campaign of the Company as well as of other companies with which the Company cooperates.
Request your opinion and impressions after the travel
Request that you answer our questionnaires
Provide the customers with the privileged services
Make statistical materials
Investigate and analyze the utilization of services.
2. We will take organizational, technical, and rational preventive and corrective measures to mitigate the risk of illegal access, loss, destruction, and leak of all personal information handled by our company.
3. We will strictly follow all laws, guidelines, social norms, and public standards regarding personal information will be strictly followed.
4. We have designated the responsible person to handle complaints and questions about personal information, including requests for disclosure, and we will publicize the contact information inside and outside Tara Japan. We will respond to requests from customers concerning their own personal information in good faith and in a timely manner.
5. Providing Customer Personal Information to Third Parties Tara Japan will provide in electronic form a customer’s name, gender, age, address, phone number, e-mail address, passport number, and credit card number to transportation, accommodation, and insurance companies as necessary to arrange and provide purchased travel services, or as necessary to fulfill travel agreements or complete insurance formalities to securitize costs when accidents occur.
6. Inquiry, Disclosure, Deletion and Correction of Personal Information In the case where any customer requests Tara Japan to disclose and/or delete, eliminate, correct personal information that has been kept by us and if he/she requests us to stop providing his/her personal information to the third parties, Tara Japan will comply with the request.
7. IN CASE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS LEAKED In case of any trouble such as leakage of the personal information that we possess, we will contact the customer immediately. We will take measures to secure the information, and will stop our system temporarily if necessary, and disclose the facts on our website, etc. promptly.
Once you have confirmed a tour with Tara Japan, we provide your contact details and specified preferences to our local suppliers in order to ensure your safety, ease, comfort and enjoyment while you travel with us.